Friday, March 21

Time with Dawn Dawn and fried pickles

This morning Dawn and went to Dauphin Island to go to the beach and the Estuarium. We arrived early so went for coffee to waste some time. The Estuarium was small, but well-stocked, informative, and interesting. Dawn and I enjoyed the small active octopus and a horseshoe crab that turned itself right-side-up. We drove through the rest of the island to gawk at the beach homes and then strolled down the white sand beach.

Dawn had to work in the afternoon so we headed back to regroup. We stopped at the huge thrift store on the way. I found quite a lot of sequin beauties. And I did find the perfect dress for Chrissy and Ellen's bachelorette party. It has some flowers and some black velvet and some bright blue. I think I will add a few more garnishes, but it is great! I hope everyone else has as much fun getting a dress as I have. The lady in the store today told me I needed to have big hair to go with the dress.

We got back on the road separately. I went over to the other side of the bay and took the scenic route. I was looking for some more of the places I needed to eat, but had difficulty finding them. I did stop for a key lime milkshake that was tasty.

For dinner, Dawn, Adam and I went to PickleFish for pizza with Heather Feather and her husband Harry. I haven't seen Heather since we graduated so it was good to catch up. We had the veggie pizza bc that is what Dawn and I actually wanted and Adam is observing the lenten practice of no meat on Fridays. The best part was the fried pickle appetizer. They are pickle spears battered and fried. I loved them!

Tomorrow is the Tiny Diny for breakfast! (and no i am not 300 pounds...yet :) )

3 comments:

  1. did you tell that lady that you didnt own a brush.. and that as usual you would have bedhead at the party? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't tried Moe's Southwest Grill, I suggest it. When Courtney and I went to visit Dawn and Adam we went there and it was great. Kind of like, fast food Mexican style. Keep up the adventures Kim!!!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. more embellishments...and big hair...NO PROBLEM! especially for the perfect dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!