Thursday, March 6

Gormandize (eat) Free Rice


Uploading photos is a time-consuming process. While uploading I have been surfing the web and cacthing up on people's blogs. On Sarah Ann's blog there was a link for Free Rice. I have heard of this but never checked it out.

What a worthwhile way to spend time. I test myself on odd vocabulary words and while I am doing it, I am donating rice through the UN World Food Program. My highest vocab score is ony 43 (i have no doubt that Kelley's will be higher), but I have donated over 1600 grains of rice.
“Addictive, yes. But . . . each correct answer results in the donation of rice to help feed the hungry around the globe. Perhaps that qualifies the game as a good addiction . . . one with redeeming qualities, something that’s, oh, didactic and edifying.”
- Kansas City Star

So if you have some spare time, learn some new words, and give some rice.

1 comment:

  1. ms. driskol needs to know about this one...i didn't do too bad...and donated my share of rice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!