Saturday, March 22

Hiding Eggs

This morning we got up early to get to the Tiny Diny for breakfast before Dawn had to go to work. It was fabulous and cheap - very much like Joe's. Trudy and her daughter recognized me and were sooooo glad we came by. The biscuits and gravy were great and the lemon chiffon pie (yes for breakfast) was the best ever. I think I have to go there for breakfast one more time before I move on.

Adam and I came back and he got all his stuff together for fishing. After he left, and I got stuff together, I came back to the apartment to hide easter eggs for Dawn and Adam. I left Adam a note on the door for him to find when he got home telling him not to cheat and to wait for Dawn. When I came back I asked him how he was doing with not looking and he very defensively said he only found a few by accident. Like the one in the shower that I forgot about until I got in there.

I went back across the bay to the beach and to walk through the woods. I was going to go Fort Morgan bc it was listed as a national historic site - but it's not federally run (so not free). I stopped at Hope's Cheesecake, listed on the 100 brochure, and picked an assortment of cupcake size cheesecakes to eat later. I hiked through Weeks Bay National Wildlife Refuge to see some salt marsh and to see some pitcher plants. They had just burned the area though so the pitcher plants are not quite up to speed.

I dropped a key lime milkshake off at Dawn at work so she could make it a few more hours. So now Adam and I are waiting for her to get home - me bc I am hungry and want dinner, and Adam bc he wants to look for eggs. :) I love holidays.

1 comment:

  1. joe's is still here...waiting for you to get home! sooo...now is it cheesecake?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!