Thursday, March 20

easter eggs

YAY! We dyed easter eggs. Adam told Dawn to pick up more eggs on her way home from work (bc we both love egg salad and with nine dye colors we need more options) so we each got to dye eight or nine eggs each. Fun. We worked together on the table and dye prep. I punched all the holes out of the box to use as the egg drier and I had to go into the trashcan twice to reverify the amount of water and then what exactly the nine dye colors are.

I only splashed dye on Adam once. I didn't crack any of my eggs, but I think Adam cracked two of his. Dawn cracked one of hers putting a sticker on it. And I broke the crayon (I always break crayons). We all have a few fingers that are oddly colored. And we all had to taste the dyes (they are non-toxic).

But the fact that I have friends (and heaps of them) that still dye easter eggs is AWESOME. Happy Easter!

3 comments:

  1. pretty dye job! thanks for mine! i missed that joy this year...but i think the easter bunny left a few (25) eggs for you to find! LOL Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bobbi jo told me she didnt want to dye eggs. but we are supposed to do it at work on Easter anyway. muhahaha. but our eggs would probably go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how did the dye taste? i've always wondered, but never had the nerve to try....kinda like glue. =) we didn't get to dye eggs this year, but we did have a hunt! i'll save that for another time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!