I left Baton Rouge and had all day to get to Mobile (3 and half hours away). I am not sure how I wasted my time, but it took all day. I went down the highway and stopped at the visitor center to see if there was anything I needed to stop and see on the way. They basically told me there was nothing in the last bit I was on Louisiana, which was weird bc the people in Mississippi seemed to think there was nothing I needed to stop and see along the whole of I-10 as I passed through the state. Hello there were white sand beaches!
Anyway, she did suggest stopping at a place called Cajun Country. It was a gift shop slash cafe. I ate pecan praline bread pudding (fantastic) and took my jambalaya to go (to eat later). Now sufficiently-sugar-sated, I got on the road to MS. I crossed the border and stopped at the visitor center (where I was told there was nothing to see) and checked out the Stennim Science Center. It was a free tour to NASA's rocket testing facility. It was really interesting to see where they tested the rockets - and how far away you had to be so you weren't permanently deaf. All rockets for NASA launches are tested here before being sent to FL and put on the rockets. There was an ok museum and a few oppurtunities for funny pictures. I got back to the car and at my jambalaya.
Then I took the scenic route south all along the gulf - white sand and breezy winds. It was pretty. I stopped a few places and poked around. Somehow magically I wasted a whole day and it was time to go meet Adam and wait for Dawn to get home from work. How does that happen?
25 More Things
12 years ago
...just like you seem to think there is nothing to do or see around cuckoo, bumpass, and louisa!
ReplyDeletei think the visitor's center workers need to consult you after you are finished going through their state! is there a job opportunity there?