Monday, July 2

40 - tenn and arkenslaw

Karrie, James & Dad got us started with yummy breakfast &coffee, but today was a long day on 40. A&I took turns, but after 5hours it all starts to run together. In Memphis I nearly ran out of gas when we hit our first traffic snag- backed up bc of construction on another road. We were only breifly delayed. Arkenslaw has so far been only frustrating. We hit a major 10mile backup for road repaving that stopped us dead at points, &delayed us 1hour. We started playing cards while we waited (I creamed A!). We missed the dinner place I wanted &ate rice krispie treats instead (Thanks K!). Our destination for the nite was a national forest campground in the Ozarks. Upon our 10:30 arrival after many a windy country road we found a locked gate. Locked at 10pm and not to reopen until 7am. I wanted to pitch a tent at the boat ramp which incidentally is wide open for late night boaters, but A said
no. So we are winding our way back to 40 to find a hotel... meaning we won't hike AR's highest peak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!