so there is this curriculum crap... that by the way they said looked tremendous (though incomplete). and kelley came home and we had her party... and two friends from australia stopped in to couchsurf that i stayed with when i was there in Aussie... and i have been teaching 8th graders... and unsuccessfully internet dating.
However i am currently using the dial up at home bc some boy emailed me and said he wanted to chat online. i should be working on curriculum or grading papers... but it can wait. so i have been on this particular dating site for almost three months. No one has emailed me... everyone i have emailed has not responded or said no thanks. apparently i am a loser.
so recent happenings and gems...
brownies and ice cream for dinner bc mom and i really needed it.
4th period actually said thank you for the candy i gave them in an atom model activity. if one kid wasnt in there, they might be my favorite class. as it is, 2nd was my fav, but now i have two kids copping attitudes, so the rankings may change. maybe i will learn to like my advanced kids better...
science fair is in full swing, and by that i mean we are trying to find topics! and no one wants to do it - not even me. plus they want to do these ridiculous things... until i convince them to dissolve alkaselter in coca cola and time it (well there is a little more to it than that, but not really)! Hello! easy is GOOD. the sooner its over the better.
spilling a kids water all over his paper while trying to clean up the small amount of water that he had spilled and then blow drying his paper and then having someone in third period who happened to walk by ask me what i needed a hair dryer for...
giving plastic ninjas to mr barrett and seeing how he has them arranged on his desk (the white ninjas are currently losing the black ninjas). it all started bc he was having a bad day and i thought a ninja would cheer him up. plus all our kids think we are dating (we are not, he has a girlfriend) bc we are across the hall from each other and bc we talk to each other.... ooooh. both wearing a purple shirt on the same day did not help either. he is the kind of person though that sort of eggs them on bc it is really funny. NO ONE has brought it up in my class. no one has even asked me if i am dating anyone.
i enjoy having Lightning to pet. I am actually sad that I have successfully given away all the kittens except #4. He is a recluse and you cant even pet him so i dont know who would wnat them. Number 2 (now renamed chuck norris) played with a vole on the deck for like 3 hours one morning... and was batting it and throwing it around like a hackey sack.
i took the leftover cupcakes from kelley's party (that was like 2 weeks ago) to school today and immediately became all the hormonal and pregnant teachers best friends. They are still good. I ate one before I took them in. I just didnt need to eat 15 more.
i know i have sort of been out and about doing things....
Jamie's blog is hilarious (i'll link it soon) I think it is called three quarter time. if you need another read, add it!
end of the nine weeks is coming... so the little darlings are either blase or asking me what their grade is every five seconds. do i look like a computer? they already think i have ten million paris of shoes and just as much jewelry made of rocks and shells. or maybe they are trying ti change the subject.
i am keeping up with running and working out... mostly running on the weekend but squeezing in a few afternoon runs here and there. i was doing soemthing the other day and i was like damn my arms look good. and i am using water bottle for weights. :)
Mom, Carol, Kelley, Hayley, Mick, and I all watched the premier of Biggest Loser and picked our teams to win. Mom's original team got kciked off the first week, mine the second week, and half of mom's this past week. I like watching that show bc i like that people are trying to make a positive change in therir life. plus i CANNOT BELEIVE they went to the Grand Canyon for a few days and DID NOT WORK OUT... all they did was some slow walking.. and who knows what they were eating... HELLO miles and miles of trails in a Freaking beautiful place! If i was Jillian I would have way more harsh with them! Mom is behind the girls but I think I am gonna back team orange. Really it is funny... bc I think I have eaten ice cream every time I have watched it.
And that is the extent of my tv watching. ok. i am goingto get the rest of my papers to grade while i continue chatting with this boy. i suppose i will ask him if he wants to meet this weekend so I can either get excited or sigh with frustration.
25 More Things
12 years ago
how was the chatting???
ReplyDeleteREMEMBER. we have a date saturday :D But I could TOTALLY be the third wheel. haha. you can borrow Layla anytime you need somebody to pet.
ReplyDeleteI found a potential home for Zahara and Vivienne but FREAKED OUT at the last minute and couldn't part with them. So out of the five strays I began with, only Knox, the sole male, has a new home. I love them so so much, though, and don't really mind being a crazy cat lady.
ReplyDeleteWe should run a 5 K sometime! It is SO MUCH FUN. When I ran the 4 Miler last weekend there was a dude dressed up as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle! Every so often, he would stop to do these crazy martial arts ninja stretches. Only runners . . .