Today was the best staff development day ever. No breakfast was served, but I guess that is ok. I started off in gym class where I kicked butt in calisthenics. Then we played 'the pin game' which was a sort of dodge ball game. I sucked at it. I have little coordination and little ability to throw a gym ball. But it was fun.
Then I went to art class and made swirly designs on paper and envelopes using liquid water colors and shaving cream. I made like twenty prints and ended up getting shaving cream everywhere... and I have a few new purple freckles.
Then I went to family and consumer science. It was exactly the same as when I took it in middle school. We made mini pizzas and milk shakes. Then it was lunch time. I had a hot dog and a plate full of potluck desserts - though delicious, it was not a good idea in retrospect when my sugar levels crashed.
I went to thing abotu what to do if you get accused of child abuse, and then a reading in the content areas thing for lower level readers which I actually enjoyed -just not working with close minded people. Then I discussed upcoming lessons with my team. I went to the bathroom and realized I was late for aerobics so I did that...
I am not ready for tomorrow, but I have realized that it is not going to happen quickly... so I am going to gather some things and go home for some QT with mom and Karrie and to eat ice cream while watching biggest loser. And I will work on it later this evening.
25 More Things
12 years ago
How did you end up with all those good exploratories?! Must be good karma
ReplyDeleteWait, I'm confused. Staff development is not supposed to be fun, nor is it actually supposed to be interesting! What DID you learn by making mini-pizzas? Maybe middle school is a better place to work.
ReplyDeleteUNRELATED TO POST:
ReplyDeleteKim, I am NOT going to run the Chocolate Chase. I have to work this weekend :(. If you do it, GOOD LUCK!
so ... staff development = pretend to be a student?
ReplyDeletesounds like fun ! p.s. what is this chocolate chase thing !!??! i need one.