I had a race in Charlottesville over the weekend and I emailed him and told him when I was going to be in town and told him to call me if he was up(! he sleeps way late). No call.
Here is an excerpt from today's email. How do you repsond to this?
I'm glad your race went well. Sorry I've been a jerk and haven't emailed in awhile. I had a really crazy week last week. >>> Anyways, I shouldn't be dating anyone right now because I'm just too confused and stressed and don't know what to do with myself. You're really sweet and so I hope you find someone a bit more stable than me!
GROAN. DEAR FLAKE: STOP TAKING YOURSELF SO SERIOUSLY. GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED AND GROW UP.
ReplyDeleteI think his honesty is good-- it would suck to have to figure all that out yourself over future weeks or months.... Better to just be straight to the point, and you can get on with other business. I would say "Thanks for your honesty! Good luck with that!"
ReplyDelete*sigh* "thanks for trying, when you grow up, you can dump people in person" I think it is a version of the, "its not you, its me" speech. At least, as Sarah ann wrote, he didn't leave you hanging. oh well, you deserve better!!
ReplyDeletesounds like you are better off without him!
ReplyDelete-Dawn
you need to forget about someone who sleeps till noon....spend you energies in a better way! (like you have trouble with that!) just not a good match, for sure. no one...is better than "just someone." you know that.
ReplyDeletei have to admit that i laughed ... and anyway YOU are a fabulous & fun date -- everyone else sux.
ReplyDelete