Wednesday, October 8

answers to the video

so did you get around 18? goood.

did you see the gorilla? i did. apparently people who are ADD and ADHD see the gorilla because they are more easily distracted. if you didnt see the gorilla watch it again. i still counted the right amount of passes.

it was AMAZING to me how many people DID NOT see the gorilla. so the point is that a lot of teachers have no idea what could be going on in their classrooms bc they are so focused on one thing.

5 comments:

  1. Or teachers are being so careful to avoid behaving in a biased way that they . . . notice less than half of what is going on? Man. I'm dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My conclusion is not that people who see it are distracted (though they could be), but maybe that they are just highly observative-- particularly if they were able to still see the passes, like you did. This is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could you miss it? I think I counted 16 or 17 passes and the chest beating.

    What's wrong with being able to multi-task our attention? I don't think that I have ADD or ADHD. Maybe I should go get tested, and then I can have an easy cop-out when I feel lazy. I can work the sytem too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha ... observative = observant.

    good job kim & chrissy. i think the science posse is a unique breed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waahh! I am frustrated with my ineptitude! Really, even when I focus, I focus more on FOCUSING than on the stimuli I'm focusing on, much less an external stimuli. And then I get wrapped up in being "right, compassionate, and wise" and make a total ass of myself. You science people!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!