Monday, October 6

PINK is the new black.

So Friday a lot of people at my school wore pink in honor of Lee Denim Day that supports raising money for the fight against breast cancer.

I was shocked by the amount of students that wore pink. One of my boys had on a complete pink outfit - khakis, tee, and socks that were pink... he dyed them in his washer with food coloring the night before. Some kids dyed their hair pink. I even had a student ask if he could borrow my sweater to wear (bc it was pink) because he wanted to get out of class to go take the photo... so he wore it all through lunch and fourth period to miss ten minutes of classtime. Hilarious.

I have attached the photo of the kids to give you an idea how many of them wore pink. The teachers took a photo after school (since we had to supervise all the non-pink wearers while the others were in the photo). I think that there were more teachers wearing pink than stayed for the photo (you would not beleive how fast this place clears out after school!). The school raised over five hundred dollars for the event.

1 comment:

  1. did you give extra credit for wearing pink?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!