Wednesday, October 29

Hot Tempers

It is has been HOT in my room. As in it is a releif to go outside in the 50 degrees weather and cool off. I find it difficult to decide what to wear in the morning 1. bc my room is FREEZING in the morning and it is hard to plan for the opposite temperature 2. what to i feel like sweating in and 3. how big will my sweat rings be and will they be able to see my back sweat? Gross. I am doing very well at remembering deoderant. I guess its not that bad bc my face never feels sweaty, but my hair is a little damp after fifth period.

Today there was a fight in the cafeteria. I wasnt there, I was trying to convince the copy machine to make copies. And it wasnt really a fight because it was one-sided. A kid went over and whacked another kid in the FACE with a lunch tray. The kid that got hit just sat there and did not react because he didnt want to get in trouble because he did not want to get kicked off the football team.

How awesome. I have the whacked kid and he is a nice kid, good guy, and I am proud of him - and I told him so when he came to my class afterschool to get his guitar. But man! I would have a tough time not reacting if someone hit me in the face. A really tough time.

And one of my other kids went and held the whacker kid back so that he wouldnt keep hitting him. The kid who did the holding was so worried that he was in trouble because he got involved, but I heard later that the AP was happy he did bc he was on the other side of the cafeteria and the kid would probably whacked him a few more times with the tray if not held back.

You know it is really hard to write about this incident with out names. A lot of hims and hissssss.

Plus maybe I have had a hot temper. I done a bit of stern-talking-to. A bit of I have-no-sympathy-for-you. A bit of you-are-so-stupid-how-could-you-not-do-this-we've-been-doing-it-all-week (although i said it nicer). I am tired and not well planned for this week and frustrated with some i-dont-care-attitudes. Plus when I get hot, I am cranky. I will never complain about my ice-box room at the high school again.

2 comments:

  1. Just sat there? That is pretty impressive. I'm speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...that is what YOUR mother told you you should do in that situation...however, it never occurred to me that it would ever actually happen. congrats to him from your momma!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!