Friday, May 2

Is this really work?

I am subbing. Right now. You can see how busy I am.

It actually could be a lot worse. In first period I actually had kids from three different classes all doing different things - and over half of them were doing something they really didn't want to do - a practice SOL test. Things went fine. Second period most of the kids finished early so we all worked on donating rice. I love learning and making a difference at the same time.

Now, in third period, I have two different classes of kids (they are combined bc it is kids who did not go on a field trip) and half usually eat second lunch and the other half third. So I am eating my lunch and playing online (bc some kid signed me into the computer) and watching three kids until the other five come back and switch. My life is so hard.

Yesterday was my first day at the greenhouse. It was messed up. They didn't have my paperwork straight when I arrived at 9am so I spent the morning with Dad and went back to work at noon. At least I was able to get aquainted mostly with how things work so that I am ready for how busy and crazy it will seem to me on Saturday.

My speech last night went really well. Folks enjoyed the pictures I posted from my travels and thought my speech was inspiring. I apparently talk way too fast. I did get called out by a parent for using the word suck. Huh. You can't please everyone. And I found out Mr. W has done mudbuddies twice - and he says it's awesome.

So let me get back to being a productive substitute and helping them with free rice. I donated over 5,260 grains by the end of the day!

2 comments:

  1. how great...being paid to donate rice and learn at the same time. your speech was very good...and hopefully some of those young minds soaked in all that fast talking information...and even the words "it sucked." some parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK. mwahahahahahaha i called mom out for using that word the other night because she was offending my sensitive nature.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!