I was leaving for the weekend and had not had time to pack. It literally took me all morning to get my stuff together and get on the road. I am not really sure what else I had to do besides pack but whatever else I put on the list in the morning took forever.
I made good time on the road to the outskirts of Philly to Gretchen's house. On the way I passed a Bruster's, and figuring I was close, I reset my odometer to measure how far it was from Gretchen's. After all, it was Thursday, I had bananas in my car - and Thursday's are half-priced banana splits if you bring your own bananas. Gretchen had never had Bruster's, so I convinced her it was must - especially since it was only 2.5 miles away.
We had to watch Survivior bc G is an addict and as soon as it was over we headed to the airport to pick up Hot Mel. We took her to Wawa (her first time ever) to make her own milkshake and then headed home.

Gretchen and Mel went through the four bags of hand-me-downs. They were so funny to watch. "Oh I like that - but you should take it, the color is better for you." With it on - "Oh look at this, you need to try it on." The two of them thoroughly enjoyed going through the clothes and both ended up with a huge pile - and Mel with a dress for the wedding.

The next morning we walked around the downtown area in the rain. We had an interesting gourmet breakfast of belgian (eggo) waffles and homemade (costco) muffins. The coffee place on the corner was better. I had a peanutbutter mocha that was really fabulous. G wanted to make her mom something at the Painted Plate and Mel and I thought this was a great idea. I have always seen those 'paint your own pottery' places, and thought it sounded cool,, but never actually did it. We had a lot of fun. Mel and I made things for ourselves though. They will be ready in a week and Gretchen is going to mail them to us.
Soon we realized we had better get on the road to New York. It was horrible rainy weather and traffic in Jersey was hellacious, which put us through the city later than expected and right in the middle of rush hour. The trip was very slow moving, but like I pointed out to Mel, at least we were moving.
glad to know my clothes can go to good use. and that I can buy new ones. :D
ReplyDelete"girl time" is always good, fun, and needed. glad you enjoyed yours!
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see what you made (since you didn't make something for your mother, like G did! haha)
what a great color you are wearing and of course, parting your hair on the side is a must.
ReplyDelete