I also made waffle-iron brownies and they are delicious as well. They went over well at work (I contributed to a birthday party), but some may argue people will eat anything. I think novelty makes them interesting. Better I think with ice cream (thanks Mom), but haven't tried them that way. It was so quick to make them too... and painless. Only one pan to clean and two spoons to lick. I don't know if you have to quote a cookbook (Cookies: Food writers' favorites), but here is the recipe...
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp water
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
confectioners sugar to dust (optional)
I also added vanilla and almond extract. Next time I may add chocolate chips... or peanut butter ones.
In a sauce pan (this will also be your mixing pan so make sure it is big enough), melt the butter. remove from heat and blend in cocoa with a wooden spoon. Stir in sugar, eggs, and water. Add flour and salt. Mix well. Pour into waffle pan and go!
This morning I went on my first post-sickness run. It went well and I made it the whole way without too much trouble - just a lot more snotrockets and loogies than normal... and more unpredictable. So when I returned, I will admit I was wearing a few of them... LOL. I am so attractive it hurts.
At least you were on your way home--I've spit lougies out my window on my way shopping/to work and they end up on me or in my face. yuck.
ReplyDeleteand...i get to eat the goodies too! and so far..everything has been wonderful!
ReplyDelete