Wednesday, April 30

VIP

Tomorrow I am speaking at the All-A Banquet. A ceremony slash dinner for the middle schooler who have received all A's (of course final grades aren't in so they could technically nose-dive... but that's not typical of these kids).

Anyway, I am speaking. I am the guest speaker. Whoa, that is strange. And serious. And kinda cool. I don't really feel all that important. I am going to talk about how those good grades can lead to seeing the world and escaping Louisa. Should be easy with my enticing travel photos, but we shall see. Usually they get some high school senior to talk (who probably later turns out to be a loser), so I suppose they are stepping up by getting me (they already know how I turned out - crazy).

I am a little nervous. And a little excited. Apparently this is a dress-up event, more formal than my normal teacher clothes. I don't get to dress up often so that is kind of exciting. I will however work my first day at the greenhouse, rush home, shower, and then look pretty for my presentation... bc I am the guest speaker.

1 comment:

  1. see...everyone knows you are a VIP. some of us have just known it a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!