Montauk is still as beautiful as I remember. And it looks exactly the same - the rich people don't allow anyone to disturb their open space.
We made many random stops on our way back west including surf shops, muffins stops, wineries, bagels, and more. I dropped Mel off at the ariport a bit early, but it turns out it was a good thing. Her original flight was very delayed so they were moving her to an earlier one so that she would make her connection. Apparently there was all sorts of crazy weather - of which we had seen none, and I saw none, as I drove south to Annapolis to spend some time with Bunny and Bill. Surprisingly, I hit very little traffic.
I spent some time that evening talking to Bill and Bunny and then in the morning I got a lot of QT with my old roomie. She had class, so I sat on shady park bench drinking coffee and reading a book. Her campus (U of Maryland) is HUGE and I really cant understand the advantages of going to such a big school. Afterwards we searched for a putt putt course, but it was hidden. So we drove around and ran some errands and had some dinner before I began my ride home.
This past weekend I got to visit with even more folks. I have made a lot of rounds. There are only a few of you out there that I haven't gotten a chance to see. Now you all need to make the rounds to visit me.
25 More Things
12 years ago
how is it possible that you missed someone...except maybe in alaska or hawaii? welcome home again!
ReplyDelete