Monday, June 28

Sunny Santa Cruz

Mel and I had a relaxing and productive day at home and around town. Mel is preparing for a physiology class she is teaching in the fall (this summer? too).

We put on our best green shirts to head downtown to go cheer for Mexico for the World Cup, but the tiny bar showing the game was jam packed with people and did not suit our claustrophobia. We waved at Luis, Rodrigo, and Alyssa, checked the score and went for a walk downtown. We ran some other errands - including getting some tim tams and headed home for another work session.

After being quite productive (class 1 is pretty much finished for me), we went for a stroll along West Cliff and talked and talked. There's a nude beach down there that I didn't know about that I found amusing (as amusing as naked old men can be) and the weather was beautiful.

For dinner Mel and I headed to Capitola to Pink Godzilla sushi. Yummmmmm. It was delicious and we picked yummy sushi with odd names like the Rock n' Roll and the Jimmy roll.

We were going to get coffee next door, but it was already closing time so we headed back towards Santa Cruz for some authentic Santa Cruz coffee and some time to just sit and chat.

Though my time has been short with Mel, I have enjoyed it immensely. Tomorrow I am headed north up to a conglomeration of state and national parks protecting the redwoods. I have not been this far north in California before, so even though I have seen redwoods before, it's still a new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!