Mel and I spent some time being productive - a nice match of both of us feeling momentarily overwhelmed. I am really re-thinking this whole summer class thing - or at least taking two that overlap. We took a break to walk along west cliff and enjoy the sunshine and salty sea air. This is probably my favorite part about visiting Mel and it makes me wonder why I have not moved to live on the coast.
We returned to make some dinner and drink some wine. Luis and Melinda (yes confusing - Mel's roommate is also a Melinda) joined us and in the giggling and mayhem that ensued it became apparent that Luis and Mel should get married to ensure Luis's current status as a communist Chilean living in the US. Maybe you just had to be there, but it was a running joke the whole evening.
A local band called Audiafauna was playing at a local club and Luis and Mel adore them... and now I do too. That girl has a major set of pipes as well as amazing accompaniment of an accordion, cello, bass, guitar, keyboard, drums, and some other odd things like glass bottles. Wow. It was awesome.
Audiafauna was the opening band for another called Rupa and the April fishes which I would have described as polka-ska-reggae, but the tag line on the door said something about gypsy-latin-indian fusion (or something... Luis took a photo we'll see what it actually said later). It was incredibly fun to dance around too and made for some hilarious people watching.
A lot of Mel's labmates are from other countries and we have been conscripted to come watch Team Mexico in the World Cup tomorrow morning... and if I were around on Monday I would certainly have to come cheer for Team Chile.
25 More Things
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks!