I wasn't that far from the Texas border so I quickly crossed into a new state and started my book on tape for the day. I passed a lot of the landmarks I visited when I came east on my grand road trip of 08 so I did not stop to visit them again. Though I did giggle about the blasphemous picture I took with the giant cross.
There was not a whole lot remarkable about the trip, just driving driving driving west on 40. Occasionally stopping to pee or for gas or for both.
I am definitely hooked on books-on-tape (ironic that they are now on cds) and listened to even more podcasts to keep my brain active. Its way better than listening and singing to the radio for 10 hours.
I made it to Shirley's and I am grateful for the ability to move at will and not be strapped into a seat. Plus the company is fun :)
Glad you had a safe drive. We had Mexican food and ice cream, in your honor, of course. Missed you - we really want to see you chasing a tumbleweed. haha
ReplyDeleteglad you made it safe and sound...soon the fun art begins! enjoy!
ReplyDelete