day one on the road with a back seat full of baby gifts for the bean :)
(So I took this photo and posted the above comment from my cell phone en route to Asheville... and in retrospect... that picture looks terrible. I think that poofy hair is going to go. However you can see the Bean's gifts back there (specifically the Bumbo and blanket set).)
So I drove six hours today... about half of what I plan on doing tomorrow. It's going to be tough. I do not know if I am up for that long sitting in a car... my voice may give out from singing along to the radio :)
I arrived in Asheville in time for dinner and Chrissy and Ryan did not disappoint. Though Chrissy was concerned that ethnic food may not be a chance I was willing to take, I told her it would make a good blog entry (the morning after effects of an ethnic dinner), so off to an Indian restaurant we went. The food was delicious and we had plenty. That didn't stop me from making the request to go to the Chocolate Lounge for dessert... which is why this entry is short... it's time for some chocolate!
Tomorrow... somewhere in Oklahoma.... "where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain!"

You'll be here soon! Can't wait to be the first stop on your cross-country tour.
ReplyDeletejoanne is excited...she cannot wait for the "reading" and the traveling...she always feels like she is right there with you. i will do my best to keep her up to date. Have a great time! Love you, mom
ReplyDelete