Saturday, June 19

Maybe I'm packing?

Maybe I'm packing... maybe I'm too busy and I'm going to throw it all in my car. I've kind of been piling things up that I know I need to pack better. The piles are getting on my nerves, but between trying to get enough ahead in my classes, studying for a picture-based practical on amphibians and frogs, hanging out with Aaron, and hanging out with Kelley... packing has made it to the bottom of the list.

Aaron and I have been discussing some stuff and we are getting excited... and he has been superhelpful in quizzing me on amphibian family names and how to spell them and very encouraging. He makes a very nice study buddy actually, but even he takes a break while I keep on plugging along (I was listening to a lecture or something). He said he was just resting his eyes (practicing for becoming an old man I guess. Well really he has some strained muscle or something I can't remember that took the doctor two hours of tests to figure out on Thursday, yet there's nothing really that can be done for it. But note his burrowing habit - it's funnier when there are more pillows and blankets involved.). He was pretty stationary as I finished up and then banged a few pans around as I prepped cookie dough for Kelley's baby shower, a pastry crust for breakfast in the morning, and started dinner by making some pizza dough. We made homemade pizzas because Aaron had never done it before and they turned out really amazing this time. Guess which one of those two is mine...

I made danishes for breakfast to get some baking in before I left and because Aaron doesn't really like sweets, but said he likes pastries. He's been around when I have made all kinds of delicious things, but he hasn't eaten or tried any of them so I thought I would make something he would at least want to try. I think that's totally weird, but wish sometimes I didn't have such a sweet tooth. I had fun making these pastries and learned to seal them on the top (even though it looks uglier) to prevent blowouts. They were tasty though.

Kelley came over to hang out on Saturday to see my apartment. I had my practical to take before I left, but my internet wasn't working in my apartment so we walked down to the coffeeshop, but their's wasn't either. Turns out that maybe verizon internet was out all over town. Aaron let Kelley back into my apartment while I consulted with Frank (neighbor) and the computer store guy and then we went to the library so I could take my practical and get it over with. I did pretty well on it, but a little annoyed that I missed some of the questions because I didn't read them properly. When we came back, Kelley was asleep on my couch... Everyone's getting a nap but me!

Aaron headed home to get some stuff done and Kelley and I went to get pedicures. Turns out there is a nice place in Louisa next to Fisher's Fitness. Then it was time to get going to Kelley's baby shower. I thought it was fun, but there is certainly I do not know about babies and there are a lots of baby products that I had no idea existed, much less knew they were important.

Turns out though that I rock at matching... I won the first contest which was to match about twenty five pairs of baby socks - most of them blue and white with little stripes. Carol is pictured to the left trying her best at her own game. Kelley was in the lead until I beat her by four seconds, but no one else was really even close. We were both just over a minute. Must have something to do with the laundry fairy...

So it's midnight on Saturday. I am leaving tomorrow after breakfast with Kelley, Aaron, Mom and Rich, and I still have to pack and clean up my apartment. I don't feel like starting now but I also know that I probably won't fall asleep easily because I will be thinking of all the things I do not want to forget.

1 comment:

  1. I am thoroughly impressed you're making pastry!! Just imagine what you can do with the new red mixer you will have by the end of the summer!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!