Sunday, June 1

A Good Run

This morning after sleeping in, eating oatmeal, and drinking a glass of water, I went for my run. Today was a good run. First, I spotted some native orchids along the roadside (which since seeing, a few have been dug up and transplanted to Mom’s flowerbeds). Then I saved a baby turtle by picking it up and moving it across the road safely. I waited until it poked it’s head out and started moving forward into the taller grass. Then I met Harley, a friendly dog that ran into the road after me bc it wanted to meet me. Once I realized what was happening, I turned around and ran into the driveway to get Harley out of the road. On my trip back up Cuckoo Road, Harley was loose again, so I ran up the driveway. Harley’s owner, name unknown, assured me that Harley doesn’t usually run into the road and just likes to meet people. And he was watching for me to come back to put her on a leash before she took off after me (and was unsuccessful. I continued running and found a wedding present for Kelley (of the squished variety – what an odd family custom we have) and then had to carry it while running bc I had no pockets.

I returned home, drank some water, popped off some lily seeds so I can share them (and to keep the lilies from dominating more of the flower beds), and did some yoga booty ballet (not as hip hop as it sounds. I do need to ask Kate how her hip hop excercise class went). The rest of the day I have been working on scrapbooking and tying not to eat a loaf of zucchini bread. I made zucchini bread from the recipe on my yogurt container for dance practice on Friday – this is the first thing I have ever made for dance practice in my three years of going (I usually supply store-made things and/or hot coffee)– which did not go unnoticed by Mona and Tara, who dutifully tried it and told me it was delicious. I think they may be serious bc Mona told me it was a recipe worth keeping.

3 comments:

  1. yay for the squished variety! thanks for the heads up on the wild orchids...we will now enjoy them at home!

    and, if Mona said...it is a keeper...then it must be true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait for that wedding present ... i'm sure aaron and i will display it proudly next to the bird claws and feathers mom sent me before our trip to vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its amazing how random days you can just have a great workout. they make my entire week :D

    I'm so proud of you Kim :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!