After going on a super boring date for coffee last week, I placed a personal ad online. Karrie did it and she had good results, maybe I would give it a try. Bc maybe it is better for them to come after you, instead of you looking for them. So far, in about 24 hours, I have had 19 responses. I was so excited to read them this morning, but after the first two, I put it off until later.
The first one said, "good luck with that." The second one called me a f***ing b*tch and who did I think I was? I am glad someone took time out of their busy personal life to let me know how they were feeling about MY personal ad. Maybe they thought I was going to give them a bj after eating my ice cream cone. HELLO!
Since going though them again I have been: sent porn, solicited for modeling, solicited for porn movie making (please note, I did not post my picture), solicited by a 19 year old and by a 45 year old farmer.
Sheesh. I was not prepared to dole out this much rejection. And believe me, I am not doling it out, merely moving it into a folder in my inbox so I can giggle, sigh, or puke later.
Some of the guys do sound a little interesting so I emailed a few of them. However, I am not going to wait here and hold my breath. Maybe I am a b*tch, but I think I spelled out what I was looking for, and maybe I should thank that guy for wishing me luck. I think I am going to need it.
Wanted: date for ice cream, this Thursday or next?
Must like interesting ice cream flavors (and maybe banana splits), eating ice cream as fast as it melts, having good conversation, and be able to laugh off any how-did-that-get-there-ice cream drips. I have an ice cream-headache cure, so no need to worry about that.
No, I am not 300lbs. I am active and I jog 3ish miles most every day. You have to be good in order to be bad, and I love ice cream! I am a 27 SWF, 5'10" weight proportionate, br/br, intelligent, and have a good career that I enjoy very much. I have many interests, particularly in science, the outdoors, and travel. I am curious person and like to learn about everything. I spend my free time relaxing, hanging out with family and friends, being outdoors, traveling, hiking, reading, and drinking coffee on the back porch.
You need to be a fit, active, non-smoker who does not spend a ton of free time in front of a computer or a tv. You need to be a moderately healthy eater (say no to fast food) and like vegetables. You need to have a job that you like (not one that you just tolerate). You need to be truly passionate about something (job, hobby, whatever). Chewing with your mouth shut and not talking with your mouth full would be a bonus.
Interested? Send me an email telling me about yourself. Pics for pics. Have a wonderful day!
ps Please take the time to use proper grammar and spelling.
you described yourself well...patience kim...ice cream is not a good trade for a BJ...hope you passed on the porn and adult movies...and, you know, some folks have nothing to do with their life but in front of the computer and do internet stuff so you have to laugh that off. hope you have success!
ReplyDeletei'm telling you...match.com; yeppers. that is the way to go. sure it costs a little money, but you have to give some to get some. and i don't think you need to change anything about your ad...it's you being honest about who you are and who you want. I know that everone tells you "you'll know him when you meet him", but I think there is a hint of truth in it. You'll know. =)
ReplyDeleteYou cant expect to find anything unless you put yourself out there :D It'll work out sometime.
ReplyDeleteOK kim, that is the funniest thing i have EVER read. perhaps you would've come across as a little more understanding if you had changed "you need to be" into "i am looking for." it's a little less accusatory. or maybe they were offended by your request for proper grammar. AHAHAHAHAHA i'm going to save this in my favorites for next time i'm having a gloomy day at work.
ReplyDeleteand on a serious note -- good luck and be as choosy as you dare. i dated a LOT of jerks while i was tooling around in tempe, none of which really deserved a second date. some of which got second dates because i was bored. not always a good plan....