Friday, June 27

about my date(s)

So I suppose I am leaving some of you hanging. The date went fine. He looked just like his photo (better than looking worse) and was pleasant to talk to. We had dinner at an irish pub - so beer and pub grub. I had the shepard's pie and it was tasty. I know I didnt do all the talking, but in the end I still feel like I don't know him very well. He's an engineer with 4 siblings, travels, runs, cuts his meat in small peices (like me). After dinner we did go to Brusters (in his car) for ice cream. He had two scoops of mint chocolate chip and looked appropriately chagrinned when I told him two scoops should mean two different flavors. (I had peanutbutter puddles and coconut chip). After ice cream we went back to my car and talked for a few more minutes and parted ways. I will probably see him again, but I will admit I am sort of ehhh about it. Like ehhh I could see him or ehhh maybe not. We'll see how the emails go.

Last night I met a good ole boy for ice cream in Mineral. I had banana pudding and bluieberry cheesecake. He had coffee and butter pecan. He's a firefighter/ EMT /landscaper in a big ole loud truck. Genuinely nice good guy. We had nice conversation (I knew even less about this guy, other than I figured out he lives pretty close to Karrie, and thus fairly close to me. He got stuck behind a tractor on his way to meet me - only in Louisa). I told him that we would see people I knew, and I was not let down by Megan who screamed "Miss J!!!!" out the car window as she and her five girlfirends pulled into the parking lot and a few other people who quietly waved (maybe Mineral is not the place to meet). He is nice and interesting, can ride 100 miles on a bicycle, nice handlebar mustache. But again, ehhh.

I thought I might have another date tonight, but he has not emailed me. so ehhh.

I feel very blase about all the people. I look forward to Craig's emails (irish pub guy - yeah i know funny, craig from craigslist), but otherwise I don't know. I have phone numbers from a few guys and some that want to meet, but in my four days off this week, I wanted that time mostly to myself. Is there a way to do this in fast forward? Or at least a button to skip to the next one. I don't know how to end these things and how to politely say, "I have learned all I need to know about you, I am really not interested, peace out." Mostly because I feel bad, they are nice guys (and not scumbags). So maybe I am not ready for this. Or maybe craigslist is not for me. Or as Jerry told me, "keep at it, you'll know when you meet him." So I guess I need to keep meeting them.

(thank you sarah ann for kicking me in the pants to write this)

4 comments:

  1. it takes more than one date. the first one is all that bullshit you "have" to know about somebody that in reality nobody gives two shits about. THEN you can get into real substance... and don't give up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim! My first date with Ryan was only so-so. But our second date was much, much better. We just walked the downtown mall (in c-ville) while kicking a pine cone and talking. and talking and talking. and we finished off the date with a hot choco_I was hoping for a kiss. i got a tiny, cute, sweet one. =) Karrie's right, you have to get through the mindless chatter first. I can't wait to read more!

    p.s. how are the kitties?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it is the third date where you finally just become comfortable. keep at it...it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i disagree with the above ... aaron and i never had a wishy-washy so-so ehhh conversation until we got married and had to start discussing things like whose job it is to take the recycling. aaron asked what my religion was the day AFTER our wedding haha.

    however, i went on A LOT of dates in arizona before he appeared. just keep yourself occupied ... and having random boys take you out for ice cream is a good start!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!