So I went with Karrie and Mom to visit Aunt Barbara who lives in Va Beach. the funny thing is... we never actually went to the beach. The closest i got to sand was a running path through the state park. We did however go for two boat rides and swim in the bay/ocean (i am not really sure which - but it was salty).
Visiting Aunt Barbara is awesome bc it is relaxing, you can do whatever, and she is going to make sure you have plenty to eat. I ate a ton of watermelon (among other things) and stuffed myself at dinner with the best fried squash ever (probably bc it has bacon in it). Plus she tells funny stories and has a great attitude. I hope when I am 29 I will be just like her. ;) In two years we will be the same age. LOL
We went on two boat rides to see how the poor folk lived. Some of those boats are huge! And some people were not designed to wear bikinis. After a while, Jim would stop the boat and we would jump into the water to cool off (and try not to lose our bathing suits in the process). Karrie and I worked on our tans and succeeded in getting mildly sunburned - she is way worse off than me.
Anyway, back home now and trying to get done all the million things that need to be done before the party on Saturday.
25 More Things
12 years ago
we have always enjoyed visiting her...glad i could join you! she is such a special "aunt"! now...we just need to train her to realize we can do for ourselves...and not to worry about us! think that will ever happen?
ReplyDeletei can't wait till i'm 29, just like aunt barb.
ReplyDelete