Tuesday, June 3

ice cream sandwiches

Today I had the day off so I worked on random home projects and scrapbooking (after running and shaking my booty). This of course gives me all day to figure out what I want to make and eat for dinner. I made a dish with black rice, sweet potatoes, green peppers, corn (all leftover veggies in my fridge), and of course cilantro (bc the pot of herbs is bursting, I feel I must use cilantro in everything - eggs, sandwiches ect. - good thing I love cilantro!). Pretty tasty even if black rice is strange to look at.

For dessert I planned on making ice cream sandwiches with the kit that Kelley sent me for my birthday. I picked a chocolate shortbread recipe from my small baking book and made it in the toaster oven while cooking the rice. I didn't spread the dough very well so my cookies weren't that pretty, but they tasted good. I asked Mom if she wanted mint ice cream or fat free vanilla, and she said mint before I could even finish the question. I made an ice cream sandwich for Mom and took some photos of her attempting to eat it (I used a bit too much ice cream),
and then she did the same for me. Who looks good eating a mouthful anyway? They were so delicious. I had it for dessert, but I think that was Mom's dinner. Using the small batch, it was enough for two sandwiches and a little extra dough to eat with more ice cream. :)

Ice Cream sandwiches = Yummy success
Now all I need is for Karrie to make some homemade ice cream and me to make some gluten free cookies and we can have an ice cream sandwich making party. But then I might be trying to make her fat. An untrue statement.

3 comments:

  1. you can actively make me fat by bringing those oatmeal cookies by. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY :D next time i want an action shot from above so i can see what fun shapes you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait for the next batch! YUMMMMMMY!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!