Sunday, June 15

Happy Birthday Party

I have been working hard on staying on top of planning this party. I made multiple to do lists so that I wouldn't forget anything and happily scratched them off one by one as I completed them. A lot of it was food preparation. I made a cake, brownies, rice krispies, hummus, cheese spread, bean dip, and potato salad and then made sure I had chips, burgers, condiments, crackers, veggies, cheese, nuts, fruit, sodas, beer, a keg, water, wine, etc. And then set up - what goes where, lawn chairs, tables, coolers, lights, and the potato head table.

It was worth I think. Less people showed up then I would have liked, but I loved all the people who came... so I win more or less (minus the amount of leftover food and beer that I must now consume). I think oart of the problem is that its July, people are on vacation, and a lot of folks had plans for father's day and the fact that it POURED rain right when people would be leaving home to come. And it rained for a while. Luckily we all sort of fit inside and most of us didnt care about the rain, but it was not necessarily the scene I was envisioning.

I did not take a lot of photos, but I did set up a table for decorating potato heads with a camera set up sort of like a photo booth to take a photo when folks were done. I wish more people had done it bc it was hilarious and looking at the pictures this morning made me laugh so hard I cried. I am trying to post all of them on picasa so check the slideshow in the corner and in a week or so, I will delete some of them. Apparently Jonathan and Noel (Shannon's kids) when they were not palying nintendo (the original) had quite a time with the camera and the potatos. As did Adam at the end of the evening right before he went home.

This morning there was not a lot to clean up so I have the rest of the day to eat leftovers and repack the fridge so I can finish emptying the coolers.

Make sure you check out the photos... hilarious.

5 comments:

  1. you did an excellent job...made it easy for me :-) i provided the house and yard (which didn't get used). think all who came had a good time..those who didn't ...they missed out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kim! I'm sure it was a fantastic party even though I couldn't come! BC is kinda a long drive though....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo sorry we couldn't be there - sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaron & i would have liked to have attended as well ... but we will have our celebratory-marriage-kegger soon enough. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!