There is a highway in NZ known as the Lost World Highway. The middle section of it is one-lane gravel. And it crosses into a recognized republic – the Republic of Whangamomona (Fang-ga-ma-moan-a). The citizens of Whangamamona decided to create the republic bc their village got reorganized into another district – say my house being reorganized into the mineral district instead of the cuckoo district without anyone having any say. The citizens were very unhappy and decided to form their own government and elected a goat as president. The goat served for three or so years and other presidents have included a poodle. I forgot my passport so I had to become a resident and purchase a new passport. Thank goodness I was not thrown in jail. So I filled out the necessary paperwork, ate a banana fritter, chatted with the locals and headed on my way. It is too bad I won’t be there later in January to vote for the new president. Sigh.
Good-Bye, Honeymoon in Korea
13 years ago
A goat as president! I can't believe it. Maybe I should move there and really be the "goat princess". =)
ReplyDeletejoann would send RUDY for the job maybe!
ReplyDeletei think the moa are not extinct, just snobs. they clearly refuse to leave the republic of fangamanga in the hopes that one day THEY will be president.
ReplyDelete