Yesterday I went to pick up my motorcycle. This involved Bonnie and I riding her motorcycle over to Waugh. This was amusing. I don't really fit behind Bonnie because of my long legs and big feet. They were just in the way. When Bonnie changed gears the first time I accidentally bumped my helmet into her hers and we both laughed. We rode the back roads over to Waugh and met up with Dave.
I had to get my license plates and there was a problem with program so it wouldn't let me order anything personalized. That will have to be a trip later to DMV.
Dave re familiarized me with my motorcycle, affixed the plates, wished me luck, and let me go. I stalled out once in the parking lot and twice at the stop sign right outside of Waugh's. I don't remember stalling out other than that, I just gunned it when I had to move from a stop.
I chose to take 522 home and I was surprised how straight and boring it was. I should have chosen a more curvy route. On the way home Bonnie had to gas and I jumped in and swiped my card before she could to pay for her gas. We parked my bike at my house and then I hopped on Bonnie's bike to get back to school. When we got back to school, I realized that Bonnie's trunk was open and we discovered that Bonnie's wallet had fallen out. We got in my car and drove slowly retracing our route trying to see if Bonnie's wallet was anywhere along the side of the road.
We didn't find it and I feel extremely guilty. If I hadn't jumped in to pay for Bonnie's gas then she would have stowed her wallet correctly and this wouldn't have happened. Bonnie says this is no big deal, it has happened once before, but she kept running her hands through her hair so I know it was stressing her out. But what can I do?
After I got home, I checked the ditch one more time and then invited Steve and Cyndi to come look at the motorcycles. Steve went over and over and over it. He tightened the choke, checked everything over, and told me things that I didn't know about it based on the research he did for me. He is disappointed that there is no manual, but Steve assures me that he will get me one - so he can read it. How awesome is that?
My helmet came in the mail and I tried it on. It was snug, but it fits. This morning I brought Bonnie's helmet back to her. I was holding it during breakfast duty and fielded a lot of questions about it and if I had a motorcycle. I might be becoming 'very cool.' Maybe.
Bonnie, Mom and I are going to ride this afternoon and we shall see how I do. I am not very good at going a constant speed.
25 More Things
12 years ago
It's Official! Congrat's again and many, many happy rides.
ReplyDelete