Wednesday, May 6

Ouch.

Mom emailed me a link to fun 5K that involves probably swimming in the James and slithering through rocks and some running. I decided it was time to kick my butt back into gear and get back into shape. I have been slacking for at least two weeks (and in all honesty probably longer). Whatever my reasons were, they really aren’t good enough. But I have noticed an expansion in the waistline along with my slacking and I just cant stand it.

All of these decisions were made on Friday. Saturday morning I was going to run, but because we were going to meet Karrie in Richmond to do Arts in the Park for Mom’s birthday, Mom said I didn’t have time. I did the yoga booty ballet and then spent all day walking around looking at art and dodging downpours.

I did run Sunday morning and it was torture. It was torture because my shoes were rubbing on my ankles and my capris on my calves and my bug bites were ITCHY. Grrr it was so hard. Mosquitoes love me and I foolishly wore shorts to dance practice on Friday evening. Running wise I think I was alright considering my slacking hiatus. But at 11am I was already sore – not a good sign.

Today my legs were really sore. Really just the inside muscles of my thighs – whatever muscles those are. I did not run today because there were no socks in my gym bag (I had lent them to Susan and never replaced them – oops). So I did my tape again and tomorrow I will run. Really. Because I need to be in at least a little shape other than roundish so I can have a good time and not be frustrated running a upcoming 5K.

And I have to look good for my upcoming ten year high school reunion. HAHAHAHHA. Like I care about what those people think.

2 comments:

  1. you...a slacker? i cannot imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 5k sounds awesome! And you are awesome for getting back out there! In my experience, it's really hard to get back into running after some time off - it's really unforgiving that way. But keep at it for a few weeks and you'll start feeling better again.

    My bug bites always get really itchy when I run too. Do you think it has to do with increased blood flow?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!