so i am not going to look at my new years resolutions to update this... it might make me realize how terribly i am doing. ok. i lie. i am going to look because what were those ten resolutions?
so.
1. i emptied a bottle of lotion last week and have been doing fairly well at regularly using it. also i went to bath and body works to exchange something and did not purchase anything while there. willpower will overcome! even though i rotate my shampoo i have been trying to really use that one bottle that is almost over.
2. the receipt sweepstakes is going well. i have not missed a sweepstakes oppurtunity yet, but i also have not yet won. we'll see soon because a lot of these sweepstakes run in three month cycles. i will win free groceries!
3. going on more dates. well... i think i have been on one other. not for lack of trying. i have tried CL and email interesting people and then the emails fizzle and we don't meet. i think three feet of snow had an impact on this. i do however have a date this thursday for coffee.
i also signed up for eharmony. i joined sometime in late november just to see what's what and waited for a deal. there was a free weekend sometime in january and i used that to communicate with some folks. but here are my thoughts. i have been matched with over 224 people in three months. that's not counting like a 100 or more men who 'closed' off communication (most often marking 'other' out of the like fifteen choices). how is it possible that i am so compatible with all these people and still single? i got a good deal this weekend and have been spending time weeding through those 224 accumulated matches and the ones that i had actually started communicating with. Now that I am official I can actually see their pictures and send them messages. Currently I have 183 closed matches, 162 new matches that I haven't even looked at, and 37 that may or may not be communicating. They may be like me who had a profile, but wasn't actually using the service. Somehow I think that is likely, but whatever... I'm trying something new. Plus it gives me something to giggle about. I swear I was matched with the same guy twice, that all boys revere their grandfathers, and that I am not the only odd duck out there. Sometimes I have found guys who have read the same weird books as me.
4. I have exercised very consistently on snow days and weekends. I even ran to Walgreen's on Saturday. Better than in the fall, but.... probably not really that great.
5. I am not doing well with the lip gloss. It's too big in my pocket and if it's not in my pocket well then I don't use it.
6. Haven't left Virginia, so North Dakota and Washington are still on the list, however Bonnie says we were in Washington when we were with Summit... so I may have been there.
7. There are lots of emptied boxes and a lot of things have been put into new homes. The man at the recycling center calls me honey every time i go recycle my cardboard. Now that I cleared all the boxes that were in the living room, I have lost some steam, but I am determined to get through the remaining ones.
8. I am drinking more wine. Maybe a glass every week. Maybe a little less.
9. I have watched more movies than normal (for me) and I think I still have a ways to go with this one. Right now, the Olympics are on and that is more entertaining.
10. All those snow days have helped me get ahead in school work. I have been doing very little in the evenings and leaving school at reasonable hours (except on coaching days). I am doing pretty well with the work for my online class too and getting a lot of the assignments done ahead of time (snow days have helped with this too). Probably I will lose some headway soon.
So, none of my resolutions are a complete fail except for maybe the lip gloss. I still have some work to do. Maybe I'll have some wine and read through some more profiles. ;)
25 More Things
12 years ago
Wow! I can't believe you've got soooooooo many matches. When I tried, I got a total of like 6 in 6months & we all know how those turned out. LOL. Don't give up, you can at least have some entertaining stories to tell us. =D
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are doing well to me. 10 resolutions is a lot for one year! I think online dating is a wonderful thing, but it sucks that it sounds like so much work to sort through everything. Good grief!
ReplyDeleteit is the ones with profiles that are not members that can screw things up. keep at it...lip gloss may be the answer!
ReplyDelete