Friday, March 5

BCB in hampton

I just sent my team to the hot tub in an assorted array of sweatshirts and gym shorts. Maybe I should be concerned, but currently I am not.

I am sitting in a hotel in Hampton for the Blue Crab Bowl competition tomorrow. It is part of the National Ocean Science Bowl. Most of the other coaches know each other, and I recognize a few, but I have not had a team since 2007. My team is not the strongest and once again my team is bracketed with the reigning champ and a governor’s school in the first round.

We’ll see how it goes I guess.

Today has been an exciting day… we left school at nine, stopped for hot Krispy Kreme’s, walked on the beach, and visited the aquarium. The new exhibit is open so they had some new things. Unfortunately the cuttlefish were not on display. : (

Cassandra is having an especially big day because this is her first time at a hotel and its interesting to see what is exciting to her that is sort of commonplace to me. We also had Taco Bell for lunch and dinner (their choice, not mine, and actually I had a packed lunch that they laughed at).

Crab Claps and good luck to my team tomorrow at the BCB.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!