Wednesday, February 3

To Do

I am not good at relaxing. Let me rephrase that. When I choose to relax, I suppose that I am good at it. However, I do not often choose to relax. Today was my third snow day. I think that mentally all this time off is not good for me. Its like I've had a 5 day weekend. Some would rejoice at that. If I were someplace else other than at home... then maybe it would seem like a vacation. It started as a long weekend and now it seems like a log jam.

On Saturday morning I outlined a list of things to do as I saw the blanket of snow outside my apartment. It was quite a long list and included homework, school work, personal stuff, and things to do around the apartment. I can survive without my to do list, but I do much better with one and take personal satisfaction in crossing things off of it. By Saturday evening, I had barely crossed off five things. Some of those things done late in the afternoon as a last ditch effort of accomplishing something for the day.

By Monday afternoon, most of the list had been crossed off, including things I added throughout the day Sunday and Monday morning. You can tell by ink color that I have added more things. Tuesday I even accomplished some tasks before setting off for Dad's to go see Avatar.

I have done some relaxing. I have read two books for pleasure (and probably another this evening (The Dark is Rising sequence)), watched two Indiana Jones movies, watched a little TV, baked a cake, some bread, and some cookies, made soup, and stuffed some peppers. I even tried to sleep in even though I was awakened each morning by someone's attempts to remove snow off Main Street.

This morning I remade the list so I could start with a fresh piece of paper and add a whole bunch more stuff. I have only crossed three things of the list. I am ok with that. The night is still young and I have time to work on a few more things if I choose. And as of right now... I am unsure if we are having school tomorrow. So far it has not been decided.

Also I am making preliminary plans to get out of town if its going to snow a whole lot this weekend. I do not know what I will do with myself with another four days at home. Maybe I would have to relax because there would be nothing left to put on my to do list!

2 comments:

  1. go somewhere warm...but good to get stuff all caught up. i know you are itching to go back...just to pile homework for snowdays on to your kids! you little devil...they will love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may have another long weekend coming at you. =D Did you give out those chemistry books like you were talking about? List 4.3 here we come. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!