Monday, November 16

Sunshine and stream hopping

I hiked 7.5 miles yesterday. I have hiked all the waterfalls in the park just about so I have been branching out to include some more lenghthy scenery trails. I picked one close to the park entrance and it mentioned a little stream hopping... but taking into account all the rain, it was a little more than hopping.

For some reason I am not adept at rock-hopping and I hate getting my feet wet if I am going to continue to hike... so it takes me some time to try to find the best way to cross a stream. When it's warmer, I will take my shoes off and wade, but its kind of cold and I would have had to shed my shoes SIX times on this hike. I am glad no one is there to watch me try to figure it out or to watch me try to cross, especially when I shimmy across a log.

I enjoyed the hike because the noise of the water rushing was constant in the valley, but part of the trail was along the ridge line which is different for me.

The book said it should have taken me four hours and I finished in 3.5... I could have been even faster if I didnt have to take the time to decide my route across water. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!