Tuesday, November 3

Packing and Finding

So I have been packing my stuff in drips and drabs one or two boxes at a time. I find this method to be non-overwhelming, though it is slow, and it makes me feel sort of productive. My room is starting to look odd because the shelves are looking empty and my odds and ends are not in sight. I want to pack as much as possible because when I helped Lauren move over the summer, it was super easy because everything was already packed and just needed to be moved.

I have kind of gone through some stuff and gotten rid of a few things, but mostly I know what I have, I just happen to have a lot of things. It is kind of easy to forget how much stuff you have when it is hiding in boxes behind stairs and in closets. Some of those boxes I peeked in and decided that it would be more interesting to unpack them later than to clean them out now. I have a lot of books, so bookcases are going to be a definite need in the new apartment because I am tired of my books being in boxes!!! Plus then I can really evaluate which ones I want to hold on to (McKay’s -look out!).

Mom is not happy that I started packing my bathroom. First of all, I would not be a true Jancaitis without my extensive Bath and Body Works collection, but I am a little dismayed that all the bathroom items do not fit into TWO big plastic tubs. Mom is not happy because she said that I took the good sprays away. I don’t really use them much considering how many I have, and I left a few out (since my new years resolution was/is to use up that stuff and not buy anymore, I have a few that I have specifically been trying to use up). She has tons of sprays – probably more than I do in her own bathroom, but she always uses mine I guess because they are right along the hallway and easy to get to. She says she likes mine better, but some of them are the same! So I solved that problem, by putting mom’s sprays in the hanging baskets so she can use her own stuff up.

So the reason I was thinking about this stuff and decided to write about it is because HOSA (have no idea what it stands for) is sponsoring spirit week and dress up days this week. Monday was scrubs day and I didn’t have any that weren’t covered in posse paint, so I looked cute instead (like normal). Tuesday is Senior Citizen Day which could be hilarious. I tried to find a white wig on Halloween clearance on Sunday with no luck whatsoever. Tracy may bring me a wheelchair, but I wish I had a walker. Anyway so I needed an outfit to wear and was thinking of this outfit of Granny’s that Kelley received once upon a time and I found it in the extra closet! It is gold sparkly sort of polyester pantsuit that is pretty comfy. Shannon thinks I need to put a urine bag hanging out my waistband, but that’s the science department for you!

Later this week is movie star day or something so I was trying to see what else was in the closet that I could wear because I have these random ugly retro clothes that I love that could be useful for something. Mom was looking to see what else was in there and found one of my favorite green polyester dresses… I texted a photo to Lauren and Trevor and they think it would be good for Ginger from Gilligan’s Island or Maria from the Sound of Music… Then I texted the other dress – lovely black lace (courtesy of bachelorette bowling and Baton Rouge, LA) and the ideas are Molly Ringwald or Madonna, so I have until Thursday morning to make a decision.

So anyway, maybe I have too much stuff, but that’s part of who I am… and soon I will have a large walk-in closet where I will actually be able to put all of it in one place and see it all at once!

3 comments:

  1. Tell us when and where and we'll be there to help you move! It'll be like old times. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you're moving?!? Did I miss that part of the story, or did you not tell us about it? I want to hear all about your new place! (besides that it has a large closet.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mom was not THAT upset...and i knew i had some...certainly not as many as you! maybe it was the "emptiness" that was weird. you are doing a good job...and know that whatever, i will miss laughing with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!