Friday, November 13

Rain rain go away

As some you may know, Virginia declared a state of emergency from all the rain we have received. It seems as though people who have not been here may not have realized why the SOE was declared.

Last night on the 11oclock news, Jim said we had experienced more than 54 hours of rain, and then it continued to rain through the night. I think it may have finally stopped raining, but it is hard to know in my windowless classroom.

We have received more than 6 inches of rain and it has been steadily raining the whole time... not super hard, just steady and for the last day windy. Here, I don't see much of an emergency, but I haven't gone to look at any rivers. I know that some schools in the state are closed today because of flooding.

What I thought was funny about this whole rain thing is where did it come from? Its from the remnants of some tropical storm... but it seems like it was here with no warning. Obviously all this rain is a big deal, and if it was going to be such a big deal, don't you think it would have been all over the news?

I just hope the sun comes out soon... think how much we will all appreciate it after 3 days straight of rain?

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhhh....so glad we passed that rain on to you, I was getting tired of it here! It's sunny today, so I think you might be good by tonight or tomorrow. With all the rain we've had this year, I hope that we're finally out of drought!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!