Monday, November 23

Stars on My Ceiling

Today I packed much more of my stuff in anticipation of ‘The Move.’ My landlord is supposed to be keeping me updated, but she isn’t, so I am gonna go with moving the first weekend in December, incidentally the same day as the Christmas parade and festival which could potentially close the street access to my apartment. At least I will have a good view. (And if its not that week, then it seems it would be SOL week, a fantastic time to move…) Mom is keeping me better updated by looking in the windows every time she drives by… which she will probably continue to do when I move in… haha make a mental note.

It seems the more stuff I pack, the more stuff I seem to have that needs packing. I have filled all the paperboxes and papertowel boxes I have gotten from the school and though my room is looking emptier, it is not looking as empty as the living room is getting full. Perhaps this just proves how great of a packer I am that I was able to squirrel all of this stuff away into my room. Or perhaps I simply have a lot of stuff. Regardless, it is slowly getting packed in labeled boxes awaiting moving day.

Today I removed the last of the wall decorations (minus the 4 foot painting wedged above the dresser) and now my walls are surprisingly white. Anyone who knows me, knows I don’t do white walls. Luckily most of my walls are covered by furniture, so not that much white is showing. The only thing left on any surface is the glow-in-the-dark-stars on the ceiling.

I am hesitant and reluctant to pull them all of. It seems silly, but I like them, and those stars have had a presence above my head since I was in high school (at least). Even in college when I was an RA over the summer and seemed to move every two weeks, a few stars accompanied me from room to room. There were even some in my bunk on SEAmester.

There is no way I am going to get stars on my ceiling in my new apartment mostly because the ceiling is too high for me to reach. This makes it difficult to hang the stars but also potentially repainting the ceiling when I move out. The tack used to hang the stars discolors the paint. Maybe I will hang them on other surfaces, and maybe not.

Maybe I am getting to old for starts, but I know I will miss them when they are gone, so I am going to enjoy them while they last.

3 comments:

  1. you're never too old for stars!!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta be painted anyway...don't let that stop you from taking time. you are never too old for stars! beth is right!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!