We get together with really tasty potluck dishes, drinks, and do a quiz bowl challenge.
I love this! The food is fantastic - this year was a Mardi Gras theme so there was jambalaya and King's cake and then whatever everyone else wanted to bring. I brought chocolate peanutbutter bars that were still warm - they were a hit! Then we all got together in a room with a projector and answered 200 random quiz bowl challenge questions that ranged from current events to biological processes to algebraic equations - whatever. Some of them are difficult. And people were mad when we got one wrong.
We scored 1560-something I think which is excellent considering the amount of education present in that room even with our beverage handicap.
I think this is also why I like playing board games. And maybe why other adults do to. We like feeling smart. :) And being competitive.
25 More Things
12 years ago
i'm going to remember that "beverage handicap" ... i feel it may come in handy during some of life's other events. :)
ReplyDelete