Friday, February 27

UPDATED! Monday, Monday... danannanananana

Monday I find out if I made it into the top 50. I am waiting patiently, impatiently, in awe, biting my nails, nonchalantly, with expectations, with hopelessness... My goal was to make it into the top 50, but with over 30,000 people applying my odds are very low.

I am still optimistic because I really do think that I have good qualities for the position, but I am trying to be realistic and not get my hopes up. Time will only tell... and the weekend will be over before I am ready for it to be gone.

That's what I wrote this morning... more news.

I heard from a pal that the site crashed on Monday as everyone was trying to submit their last minute applications. Sucks to be them, sort of like students who want credit for late assignments.

I did some further research. 34,684 applications were received; 11,565 from the US. Apparently a short list of 200 has already been made and applicants have been contacted to take some online psychometric testing. Since I don't have an email from Tourism Queensland does that mean I can assume that I did not even make it into the top 200?

Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. It's Monday! I'm proud of you, no matter what the results are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great video Kim! Have you heard anything yet?
    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!