Wednesday, February 11

Dress Up Days

Some club (FCCLA) is sponsoring dress up days and a canned food drive this week. They made an announcement on Friday so there was not a lot of prep time. Not many of the kids are dressing for it, but I find it highly amusing. Many of the teachers are participating, plus canned food = teachers can wear jeans any day this week. A big incentive for some folks, but lets be honest, my classroom is too hot to even wear jeans.

Monday was 70's day. I have several outfits for such an occasion and settled on a flowery dress to also commemorate the unseasonably warm days we have been having (60 degrees in February? It's weird.). Mom coached me on the eyeshadow in the morning (it is hers... blue. She thinks it may actually BE from the 70s...). It was funny to me though because so few people made the connection that it was 70's day and just thought that I had on a nice spring dress. Ha ha.

Tuesday was very exciting because it was twin day. Lauren and I have known since the first week of school that we have a skirt that is the same and as the year has progressed we have realized that we have a few more items in our closets that match. We were planning on being twins on a random day, but this was a perfect opportunity for us.

We matched from head to toe - earrings, glasses (Lauren normally wears contacts and her students thought she was wearing fake glasses), blue tops, lanyards and ids, brown skirts, and brown shoes. Awesome. This may be the best matched I have ever been besides when Kelley and I were young and mom put us in matching outfits.

Today is Career Day. I was really drawing a blank and did not plan well for this one. I actually thought about wearing a dress and a crown and saying my career was being a princess. I decided that I would rather be more comfortable and I am wearing a tshirt that says 'smartypants.' My shirt that says 'smart and beautiful' was a bit too tight for the middle school. Being a smartypants is an admirable profession. And let's face it... it is true.

Tomorrow is green and gold and Friday is red and white for VD. So not to exciting, but a little easier to accommodate... except for red. I don't actually have many red clothes. Heaps of pink. No red.

2 comments:

  1. same outfits...but different colors when you and kelley were young...amazing that you match..she needs to grow taller or you shorter..and you could be real twins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matching outfits are really popular here in Korea, especially for male-female couples, but also for parents and children. This carries over to swimsuits and underwear, too. You two would fit right in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!