Hello, my name is Kim! I am excellent candidate for the Caretaker of the Islands because I am passionate about travel and learning, have experience blogging, and I love Australia!
I am a science teacher, adept at sharing my enthusiasm and explaining interactions in the marine world.
I recently took a year off from teaching and spent ten months on the go sharing my experiences online. I visited more than twenty nine states and spent six weeks each in New Zealand and Australia accumulating over seven gigs of photos and writing more than 100 blog entries!
In Australia, I had amazing experiences. I drove around the outback, saw miles of coastline, saw deserts and rainforests, and snorkeled many times along the Great Barrier Reef.
I admire that tourism on the reef is matched with preservation through GBRMPA. Stretching over twenty six hundred kilometers, with more than 200 million visitors a year, preservation is a tough but necessary job to ensure that this World Heritage Site and natural wonder remains healthy and intact.
Why am I the best candidate? I’m enthusiastic, intelligent, a great photographer, a blogger, an experienced traveler and snorkel-er, and as a science geek, I can explain the reef! Choose me and you will not be disappointed.
See you at the reef!
25 More Things
12 years ago
How can we vote, or lobby, or write to our senators, or cheer for you and make this happen?
ReplyDeleteYou sound great! Can you link to the blog when you post your video so that people can see that all the great things you say about yourself are true?
ReplyDeleteyou are the *perfect* candidate !!!
ReplyDeleteI want to see your video now! How is it coming along? I finally got a chance to look at some of the other potential candidates and I would pick you! (Really, I'm not just saying that).
ReplyDeleteLet everyone know when you post your video so we can rate it at 5 stars and make you a popular person for the reef job!!!
ReplyDeleteBeth
I am working on it. I hope to have it posted by saturday so we can all vote and give me lots of stars.
ReplyDelete