Sunday, January 18

Best Job in the World - Candidates

I have been watching some of the videos posted for the best job and honestly they suck. most of the people are like pick me I'm awesome or i would love to have this job bc my life sucks. Out of the twenty I have watched, there is only one person I would pick (Carmen from Canada who interestingly enough is the most popular - though I cannot figure out how to vote to change someones rating).

So I have one minute to tell them how awesome I am in a video. We have some video editing software at school that I used once upon a time at a workshop and I figure I can take some video with my digital camera or maybe borrow one from school.

What do you think I absolutely have to include?

-science teacher and have taught marine bio
-traveled and kept a blog and posted online (any idea how many loyal followers i have? yeah me neither)
-love to travel
-love to learn
-love to share my enthusiasm with people
-been to Australia and to the gbr

Kelley thinks that my profile photo needs to be me with the spider on my face - I'm thinking me in the Whitsundays on Whitehaven. I'm thinking the spider may be more of a thrill and attention grabber... but this one is very close to where the position is located... hmmm...

I started writing my draft on the back of a receipt while i was waiting for something. I'm going to post it to get your feedback... bc i really want this job... it is really perfect for me... and i want all the help i can get.

8 comments:

  1. i think the spider pic would be better only because it shows how crazy you can be. Not to mention i think more people would look at it online. good luck!!!
    beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmmm...you have so many great pictures...do you have to chose only one? I like the prison pillow pic too, or the spider, or the one on your blog now...
    =)

    I can't wait to see your profile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Kim! It's Ginny (Chrissy's friend). I don't know if I count as a regular reader of your blog, but I do check in from time to time! (Though I've never commented here before.) I'm really excited by the idea of your application, though -- you'd be _awesome_ for this! I think you should stress the idea of yourself as a teacher and presenter of information. It seems like they're looking for a sort of spokesperson -- someone who seems like an articulate, excited, relateable layperson, but who can also convey the exciting things about the reef (and conservation) that they need conveyed. The spider picture is good, but so is the sideways one of you on the front page of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a loyal follower of your blog, too!

    I like the Whitsundays picture. The spider ones are great, but a little creepy. The beach picture is more fun-loving. Now you get to pick from all these different bits of advice!

    I can't wait to see your video! You'll be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think most important is your desire and ability to share information with people -- any tourism department is going to value communication skills (especially in a job that anyone can do! no offense).

    then: enthusiasm/sense of adventure
    then: knowledgeable about scientific matters -- especially on middle school level.

    i still think the spider-on-the-face is best for attention grabbing (so your rating will go up!) and other relevant photos should be included in the background of your video while you're talking or behind your or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spider on the face. And in between announcing your "real credentials" you can share things like the crazy stuff you've eaten? or the ways your students have taught you and you have taught them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. you forgot....just because you are *AMAZING*

    i like the one of you in the water with your arms out to the side...hat on...too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for the same photo as Todd... the one on the front page of your blog, just above your list of blogs you read.
    -Dianna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!