Sunday, February 3

first days in prescott

I met Kelley and her friends Aaron and Greg at the bars in Prescott. There are many bars and saloons in Prescott, but the populations are predominantly AARP members – having a swinging good time, but still not in Kelley’s age range. Greg invited his friend Dan to join us, a handsome older gentleman who was very entertaining. We went to the finer establishments and tried some excellent Arizona brews – everything they have on tap at the Prescott brewing company (11 kinds) and Kelley’s favorite beer, kiltlifter. We did eventually make it home for a few hours of sleep.

This morning Kelley and I had crepes for breakfast and headed to the red rocks in sedona to go hiking. Kelley was planning on me carrying a bag, but I saw she didn’t have one, so I thought I didn’t need one. Not really a big deal – just funny. The beginning of the hike was cool, but not cold, and through red mud and over red rocks. Pretty soon, we were within the canyon walls with icy waterfalls hanging over the edges, pine trees, and an inch of ice or snow along the track. We hiked along for a while, but the scenery didn’t change much so we decided we had enough and turned back. We did hike to the vista point for more views of red rocks. Hungry, we headed for lunch and then for more views of red rocks. By then the gray clouds were menacing and small flakes starting to fall so it was time to head home.

FYI while typing this epic blog entry of one week, I watched one of the best movies ever – Fried Green Tomatoes followed by a few episodes of ‘my redneck wedding’ – a series worth watching just to shake your head. Mud wrestling, camo dresses, tattoos, something to look forward to.

2 comments:

  1. prescott should be the "old guys rule" capital of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't forget to pick up some rocks for forrest..how that you have your car! keep the snow out there...we are enjoying some unusually warm weather for early february!

    keep on searching for the right aged guys in that town...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!