Friday, January 8

Monocles

Sometime in first period when we were going over the safety cartoon I drew, we were discussing whether one of the kids had a monocle... because he didn't have dot eyes, and the stem of his safety classes was not visible. Then I had to explain what a monocle was and when I described it, they all knew. These kids are all about racking up the points. You would not believe the high scores for this cartoon (they are in the sixties and seventies).

Anyway, fast forward to third period. Tyler (be impressed... I know his name!) asked me what was wrong with my glasses. I asked him what he was talking about. Turns out I had on a monocle too! I was missing the right lens in my glasses ALL DAY and I didn't notice and neither had anyone else. Totally weird. So then I had to explain why I wear glasses.

After school I asked my bowl kids if they noticed, nope. The janitor didn't notice, but at least he knew that he hadn't swept up my lens in my room. I was pretty sure it was home because I had dropped my glasses in the bathroom the night before (and remembered that I did that). So it was in there under the vanity... and I was able to pop it back in.

So that was weird number one. Weird number two is that it actually snowed (much to my skepticism) which is why I am posting this morning before I go to school on a two hour delay.

1 comment:

  1. that kid pays attention to details...or gets extra points for the day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!