Last night was the big night. It is freaking freezing here in Virginia (and a lot of other places too I know), so even though we were early, we waited in the car instead of going to wait outside the coliseum. The tickets said that doors opened at 6:30 so we went and got in line then... and waited... and waited... At 6:45 they opened the doors and the crowd collectively let out a loud cheer to get out of cold and into the warmer coliseum.
Our seats were pretty high, but were right in the center so they were very good. People watching before the show was pretty interesting. There were lots of fathers with sons, a lot more girls than I thought, and it was not as redneck as I expected. There were a lot of kids. I tried taking photos, but couldn't really capture anything because we were just a bit too high, the lights too low, and the motorcycles too fast. So this is not my photo.The show for the Nuclear Cowboyz actually had a story line (surprise) about the forces of dark versus light (not a surprise)
So it was a lot of motorcycles going up ramps doing tricks, landing, circling around and doing it again. It was pretty neat. They were doing all kinds of things that I couldn't imagine doing (as I do not like to even take my left hand off the handlebars or my butt off the seat). After a while it could seem sort of commonplace until I remembered exactly how hard those tricks are.
There were some redneck boyz/men in front of me and it was good to hear them exclaim over what was particularly impressive. Because it all looked hard to me. I will admit I spent a lot of the time with my mouth in an O shape about what they were doing anyway.
Afterwards I gave Shannon and family a tour of Broad Street and we went to Krispy Kreme. I had suggested it at intermission, but didn't find out until we were on the way there that none of them had experienced the hot Krispy Kreme.
Johnn didn't know what I was talking about when I said, "I hope the hot light is on!" The hot light was on :)On the way home I mentioned my desire to go to a monster truck rally... and we may be going!
Here's a bit of video from the motorcross... no flips in this one, but some cool stuff
too cool! glad you enjoyed it...can't think of better company. and...never heard of the "HOT" sign...where have they been all their lives...in louisa? LOL what fun to spread that cheer!
ReplyDelete