I even rearranged boxes to neatly put things under the bed (because the blue boxes fit under the bed and the gray boxes do not). I still have two gray boxes to repack, but I just emptied two of those. The boxes are less clumped up in my apartment in the main room and almost gone! There are still some in my bedroom, but those need further going through and include things like pictures that need to go up and the Moosehead beer banner (what box does that go in?). So there is still a lot to do, but at least I do not feel too overwhelmed. Having shelves to put things on has really helped (thanks James!). I guess maybe I want my apartment to look really nice and think the boxes make it look not nice. So new pictures soon, when it looks nicer.
About the TV... so John and Keeb delivered me a free Tv, Rich donated a box and antenna, and I had an extra DVD/VCR player. So far no TV. The antenna says that it has zero reception and I did try extending the antenna away from the TV. The DVD player doesn't work, but the VCR does. I headed to Radioshack with all the manuals in hand and asked his opinion. He seemed to think I was doing everything right, but sold me another antenna anyway to see if that would make a difference and told me I may need to move my TV.
Well the new antenna does work better. I can get from 8 to 50% reception, with the highest numbers when the antenna is stretched across the room and closer to the window. Who decided we needed digital television? Unfortunately the TV is too big for me to carry and the table its on is too, so I am planning a group furniture move for tomorrow and hopefully I will be able to watch Antiques Roadshow again! (and the season premiere of LOST which President Obama said he was not going to interfere with his address (HA!)).
So last night I made pasta and angel food cake with blackberry sauce and curled up on the floor in front of my computer to watch Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
I have never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies (maybe bits and pieces, and what I know best has been highlighted on Muppet Babies), and Dan recommended that I watch that one first before the others. The film was entertaining and not a let down like so many of those other I-can't-believe-you've-never-seen-it-I've-watched-it-a-thousand-times-since-I-was-a-child movies. It had way more action than I anticipated and the effects are still impressive. I loved watching the feast at the palace... gross. And Harrison Ford is hot. And somehow lost his shirt have a dozen times.
I love listening to CarTalk and the NPR station I get plays the same episode on Saturday and Sunday. I a re-listening to a hilarious call from a girl who infested her mom's car with Madagascar hissing cockroaches. Well, she dropped a pregnant female. The pet store said it should die in the car because of cold Pennsylvania winter weather. Six weeks later it jumped on mom while driving. Everyone should listen to this because Click and Clack think she should get some dry ice and freeze it to death in the car. Course now everyone has replied online, so there are lots of helpful suggestions. Still funny. I would park it in a garage with the windows down and entice it out with something it thinks is yummy and hope it hasn't laid its eggs yet.
sounds as if you are making progress...it takes time! i think we have an extra dvd player...and lots of vhs tapes you may or may not have seen...childhood or adulthood.
ReplyDeleteWe have tons of VCR movies...stop by when you are in Cuckoo.
ReplyDelete