I don't know if many people make resolutions. I ask my students and none of them seem to. It's a good time of the year to reflect (everyone expects you to) while you take down holiday decorations, clean up, and perhaps get ready for going back to school. I make at least one resolution every year, or at least continue one from the previous year.
A few years ago, maybe more than a few years ago, I made a resolution to look people in the eyes when they were talking. I used to stare at foreheads or chins, especially if I did not know the person well or care what they were talking about. I was very successful with this resolution and it has given me the resolve to continue making resolutions every year and try to uphold those resolutions.
It's twenty-ten or two oh one oh or two thousand ten. I am thinking about ten resolutions this year for no reason other than the fact that I had about six and thought it wouldn't be hard to come up with four more goals.
1. A continuing resolution (I think this will be the third year) is to use up all the smelly bath products that all Jancaiti seem to stockpile. I have decreased my stock a lot (and resisted buying anew) and this year my focus is to wear more lotion. Sure I have used it up, but if I make an effort to wear it every day then I will use even more. This applies to bidy sprays too. So look out my scent is wafting your way.
2. My next resolution is to win a receipt sweepstakes by doing every survey I get on a receipt. I do not know anyone who knows anyone who has ever won one of these contests and lets face it who wouldn't want a $5000 gift card to Target or free groceries even if they are from the Food Dog? I will win. I figure my odds have to be better than winning the lottery.
3. I am going to go on more dates. I have gone on three in the last week (I am one for three as far as fun), but let me face the music and realize that I need to meet more people and that means I need to go on more dates even if some of them are going to suck.
4. I am going to exercise more consistently. I do well for a while, stop, and then get going again. So my resolution is to try to be more consistent.
5. I am going to wear more lip gloss. :) Especially since I got some new carrot stuff I really like. Repeat after me, "It is important to look cute at all times."
6. I am going to visit one of the two states left on my list. That could be Oregon or North Dakota. Right now its looking like Oregon. Mostly because I love Hot Mel and I'd like to visit my cousins and little cousins.
7. I am going to go through some of these dang boxes and get rid of things! Trust me its true.
8. I am going to drink more wine. Even if I have to drink it by myself.
9. I am going to watch more movies because I really like them. Why don't I watch more of them? Don't know. I guess I don't think about it. So resolution number nine is to think more about watching movies and perhaps learn how that one dollar red box thing works.
10. Number ten is to be better at preparing school stuff so I can leave school at school. This includes keeping my junk at school more organized and using my planning period more effectively. This is a constant goal and I have to keep thinking about it to make it happen.
So there they are. Wish me luck... and do yourself a favor. Think about what you can do and make your own resolution.
25 More Things
12 years ago
drink more wine...i like that one!
ReplyDelete