Wednesday, January 26

Snowing for real... instead of a few measly flakes

It's snowing! We had an early dismissal today and somehow I still managed to teach the wild ones for the twenty minutes that they were in my room. They are well aware of their homework... and their snow day work if I do not see them tomorrow. 

It was only raining when I left school. I stopped to get milk at Dickinson's and it started to sleet. A peice of sleet - a miniature snow pellet- landed directly in my left ear. Ouch and Ew! 

It took me two hours to get home and I averaged between 10 and 30 miles an hour... the closer to Culpeper the slower I went as I tried to stay in the faint tire tracks on 522. I did a 360 one time and luckily into a shallow ditch that I could get easily get out of. I pulled into a nearby driveway (because I was now facing the wrong way) and breathed deeply. The nice resident motioned for me to turn around in his driveway, as he had seen the whole thing, and we chatted a bit. I called Aaron and got the rundown on how not to spin again and got back on the road. The roads got worse and worse and it sucked. A lot. I made it home and promptly ate a giant bowl of fruit loops. 

Once I got home and calmed down I did Aaron proud and laid on the couch - while he alternated laying on the couch with me (anyone watching Mutant Planet? or Idiot Abroad?) and slaving in the kitchen on the stew he was making for dinner.

Full of warm delicious stew I decided to run outside and snap a photo of the front of the house.
It has been snowing and snowing and snowing. I went out to take the above photo of the house and Meaghan (the landlord) was shoveling the drive because her husband Jesse still wasn't home. I snapped the photo and then joined in - because hey I don't mind and because I still don't know the status of school tomorrow. There's about 4 inches here Aaron says but it seems like a lot more. Aaron took over shoveling and I decided to make a snowman. I can't remember the last time I made one. 

I was trying to figure out how to dress it... Aaron said not with anything I wanted to keep... so I decided to decorate it with a scarf and kitchen things. :) Then I took them all back in and left the carrot. So she is a naked snow woman until I think of something more permanent.

Look how awesome my cookie cutters look as the eyes, mouth, and buttons... and some of my christmas kitchen spatulas as arms.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got home safe with only a little bit of scariness! I love your snowman...especially the cookie cutters. I think school will cancel_no worries! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry math whiz, it's not a 360 if you end up facing the wrong direction.

    glad you made it home -- and that's like a photo contest photo! the lighting is perfect.

    P loves your snow man :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are never too old for making snowmen...good job! rocks and sticks are good for decorations that you can leave on your snowman...for next time idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. also is your snowman wearing a colander hat? sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!