Aaron and I have spent the weekends since we moved here on the local side. We have stayed home and putzed around town or gone up to Shenandoah for some memorable and surprisingly fun snow hiking.
I, however, am getting antsy and itchy to DO something. My brain is a schemin grand plans and ideas. Part of it is my fault. I have school work I need to do and classwork I need to do so sometimes I need a little weekend time to get that stuff done. Also, it's winter so the weather is often not the best or cooperating at all.
Like today for example. The forecast for today is awful - rain wind end of the world. But! I made plans. Aaron and I are going to go up to Luray and walk around the caverns. He has never been in a cave other than the lava tubes we were in this summer so I think he is in for a treat and I like the caves. And when you are underground - who cares if its raining!
I poked around their website this morning to see what the hours and prices were - yeah I know something you should check sooner than the day you are going. The Kids section of the site is pretty neat and I got an 80% on the quiz cold-turkey. I probably could have gotten a hundred if I studied. :P
I like that they offer nice downloadable photos to dress up your report (because these photos are probably better than anything I can take - who wants to lug around a tripod?). And who doesn't want to download the coloring sheet that has the byline "Color this bad boy before and after your trip."
Anyway. We'll see how Aaron likes it and between this minute trip this weekend and a trip to see Bunny & Bill in Annapolis I should be a little less 'itchy' for a while.
25 More Things
12 years ago

i need a link to that coloring sheet. and i mean the word need in an urgent sense, but not as urgent as the whoopie pie need. :) was it the same as you remember when we went with dad? i've been twice since then, both times identical to the first. but still cool!
ReplyDelete